The Star Wars Lands will be coming to Walt Disney World and DisneyLand in 2019. This is a great little video showing a bit more in-depth look at how the Lucasfilm designers and the Disney Imagineers are working together to design the Star Wars Lands, the look, the feel and even hand designing the creatures.
Here are some highlights from the video:
- We hear from Episode VIII director Rian Johnson and Dave Feloni, Executive Producer of “Star Wars Rebels”.
- Feloni says we can walk into a cantina or ride the Millennium Falcon
- Guests will be invited into the Star Wars universe. This will be a totally immersive experience. From previous news we have already heard that there will be no typical Disney “cast members”. Every person in the Star Wars Land is supposed to be playing a role. You will be “In the Movie”
- Doug Chiang, Creative Director for Star Wars is supervising the design of ships and the environment.
- See a VERY brief shot of the Millennium Falcon simulator.
- Artists can be seen designing X-Wings, Aliens, Imperial Walkers and much more.
- And some construction photos including the framework for the full size Imperial Walkers.
- There is even a quick glimpse of a Red Suited StormTrooper.
Here are some screen shots from the video. The full video is below.
Artists doing design work
Watch the Full Video HERE
Once again, Star Wars Land is coming in 2019 to Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Florida and DisneyLand in Anaheim, California.
“Now Get Back to Work” – TyrantBoss
Images and video courtesy of Disney Studios and Lucasflim
Copyright © 2017, TyrantBossMedia